- Job Title: Communications Officer
- Reports To: Pastor-in-Charge
- Location: DE Office and Service Locations (with occasional travel)
- Salary: To be discussed
- Hours of work: Average of 45 hours per week
- Benefits: 21 days holiday p.a; 10% pension contribution; amongst others.
Pastor-in-charge, Technical Crew, Multimedia Crew, Digital Media Team, Local Media Organisations, Newspaper Houses, Radio Stations, and as necessary.
ROLES/SCOPE OF WORK:
- To develop and maintain positive public relations and media networks to promote the work of the Ministry.
- To advise and work with the Ministry’s Digital Media Unit (Communications Team) in the development and review of the Ministry’s communication strategy, policy and procedures.
- Manage and run the Ministry’s VIDEO and AUDIO live stream services. These streaming services shall be required during regular service days and special services. Key Activities cover:
- Service Days, which are:
- Destiny Encounter Lunch Hour Services (Every Thursday)
- Destiny Encounter Services (bi-monthly or quarterly).
- Destiny Encounter Services outside Abuja – Management will determine modalities of travel if necessary, or of alternate arrangements for local viewing center (s).
- Monitor the Online Radio to ensure it is always on.
- Stream Destiny Encounter services live on radio.
- Upload new content when necessary.
- Website Maintenance: To review, and continually develop and maintain the Ministry website. The following must be taken into consideration:
- Knowledge of WordPress for web design is compulsory. (Provision for on-the-job training available)
- Weekly update of the website with pictures, upcoming programs & activities.
- Changing of the feel of the DE website occasionally.
- Blog updates (article on the bulletin will be put on the blog with special prayer points).
- Testimony Updates on the website
- Video updates of previous services using links from Video-on-Demand on streaming server.
- Manage the Ministry’s Social Media channels, working with the Digital Media Unit.
- Maintenance of the Ministry’s IT equipment (encoder, laptops, modems, cables, etc).
- Designing of Weekly e-Flyers for the Lunch Hour meetings. Theme will be provided days in advance.
- Any other task as would be required by management.
Suitable candidates must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible for the position:
- A Fast paced learner (there will be a lot of OTJ training where requisite skill is lacking).
- Compulsory Knowledge on:
- Web Design using WordPress
- Graphics Design Skills
- Live VIDEO and AUDIO streaming
- Previous experience as a communications officer is desirable.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree is desirable.
Note: A strong willingness to learn on the job is much more important than the skills you currently possess.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates are to send in their CV and Coverletter in one document (MS-Word or PDF) to info@localhost/de on or before 17th of January, 2016. Kindly use the position being applied for as the subject of the email.